As soon as the initial deposit is cleared a date will be scheduled for templating.
By default Stone Masters applies all the standard procedures and measurements to all kitchens unless it is specified otherwise. Please read this article and inform us if you need any of these adjusted to your kitchen.
Below there is a PDF version of this information so you can print and share it with the individuals that are working with you on the project (e.g. Builder, Plumber,... more
Quartz surfaces are also called many different names: composite stones, engineered stones, man-made stones. We use these different names interchangeably throughout the website. Quartz Surfaces are natural in the sense that they are 93% made up of quartz, which is the natural mineral that gives granite its hardness. The remaining 7% is a safe but strong glue which binds the quartz crystals together. This mixture of quartz and glue is put under heat and pressure... more
Our online quotation service is really designed for a retail consumer with a focus on kitchen worktops; it assumes many common features of kitchen worktops such as the limited number of edge details on offer.
Stone use in commercial projects extends much beyond this and Stone Masters has some very solid experience in this area as demonstrated by our portfolio. We are commonly asked to quote from CAD drawings or M40 architectural specifications. more
Featured Case Study - Summer 2010
“I was very impressed with the final result given that we changed our minds between granite and quartz worktops a thousand times...”
Mr & Mrs Kojima came to Stone Masters looking for an impossibly high priced quartz stone, but they had a strict budget...
One of our experienced templaters will come to your home and use our laser templating equipment to take an electronic template of your granite worktops or quartz worktops. We use these electronic templates to make accurate drawings of your worktops which we send you for approval before cutting them.
Following the electronic template of your kitchen, Stone Masters will send you detailed drawings of your granite worktops or quartz worktops so that you see exactly what you are getting. We don't expect you to double check the measurements (that's our job), but it's a great opportunity to make changes before we cut the stone (e.g. drainer grooves on other side of sink, change overhangs, etc...). Our 3D drawings allow you to fully visualise your stone worktops.
Take advantage of our vein matching software if you have a heavily-veined granite worktop such as Juperana Colombo. We can change the layout to how you want it.
What's the point of laser templating and detailed CAD drawings if you then cut the granite worktops manually? Not at Stone Masters. We have a fully automatic saw that cuts the drawings you've approved followed by Robotic and CNC machinery for any cut-outs and shapes. Our edge polisher is top of the range and can produce many shapes. Finally we have experienced masons for the finishing touches. We have invested heavily to make sure your granite worktops or quartz worktops are the best they can be.
We have country-wide fitting teams who have the experience and work ethic to do a fine job fitting your granite worktops or quartz worktops. Many of our teams have experience from our commercial arm in high profile projects such as flagship buildings for Berkeley Homes where quality is paramount.